Trek to Chopta tungnath chandrashilla uttrakhand
One of the best Himalayan trek for beginners, if you are somebody who has always wondered about trekking But don’t know where to start, then this trek is for you. A delight for nature lovers, Photographers and hikers.
Places covered : Deoriataal (7800 fts asl), Chopta 10,000 fts, Tungnath (12,200 fts asl), Chandrashilla Top (14,500 fts asl)
Duration: 4 nights 5 days
Best time to visit : Round the year except (july – oct)
Pick up & drop point – Rishikesh.
Trek to Chopta tungnath chandrashilla uttrakhand, is a beautiful trek and a delight for nature enthusiasts, with difficulty level rated as easy to moderate. The trek passes through thick forests and vast meadows, and offers excellent views of snow clad Himalayas.
We start from Ukhimath, and pass through Deoria tal, Chopta and Tungnath to reach the summit of Chandrashila for an amazing view of the Himalayas. Maximum altitude reached would be around 4000 mtrs at the summit of Chandrashila.
The region is a protected sanctuary for musk deer, and is rich in flora and fauna. Our first camp at Deoria tal is near a beautiful lake covered three sides with forest. The view of Chaukhamba peaks is one of the most prominent in the entire journey. We would be further camping near lakes, in forest clearings and in vast meadows. Each camp site would offer excellent views to the Himalayan peaks.
Tungnath is famous for the highest temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Trek to Chopta tungnath chandrashilla uttrakhand, Beyond Tungnath the trail continues to the summit called Chandrashila which is a very beautiful vantage point to experience Himalayas in a wide spectrum. One would see the entire range in almost a 270 degrees of visibility, with peaks like Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Nanda devi and Trishul among the most prominent ones.
Trip Itinerary :
Day 01 : Dehradun – Sari ( Drive 200 km /5-6 h)
We start early and drive from Dehradoon to Sari village. Overnight in tents near the village.
Day 02 : Sari to Deoria Tal (2400m) – 3 km (2h)
Visit the acclaimed sanctuary at Ukhimath before setting out on the trail through the town, traveling east, up the slope to Deoria Tal. The beautiful stroll through rhodendrons, takes you to the edge over the town. Deoria Tal is a little lake with two cafés around it. The perspectives of the mountain ranges from here are impressive.
Day 03 : Deoriatal – Chopta (2600m, trek /5-6 h)
Today is a genuinely level stroll through some wonderful timberland and glades. On the off chance that you are trekking in the winter months, expect some snow in the shadow regions. There are two outdoors choices, either camp shy of Chopta almost a stream, or at the knolls underneath the shops at Chopta.
Day 04 : Chopta to Tungnath temple (3400 m) to Chandrashila (3925 m) and return to Chopta (2347 m) 15 km ( 8 h)
Frame the beautiful environs of Chopta; take the way through the curve paving the way to the sanctuary. Tungnath is a short 3 km trek from Chopta. The sanctuary is just unmistakable in the last couple of hundred meters. Head up past the sanctuary to the pinnacle. Appreciate the wonderful 360-degree sees, before heading down Chopta again lastly to Duggalbitta. In winters, when it snows, the residential community of Chopta is abandoned and even the coffee bars will be closed.
Day 05 : Chopta to Dehradun
After breakfast begin drive to Rishikesh and excursion end here.
“The above day-wise trek description is just one of ways of doing this wonderful trek. Depending on the number of available days the trek can be shortened and some places excluded or combined with another trek.
- Accommodation as per itineray. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- All Meals during trek (Veg.+ Egg)
- Trekking equipment’s (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, utensils, tent)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Team, guide and Support staff.
- Services from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
Note : Normally Incredible outdoors expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- incase of advance payment.
INR 1500/- on spot information.
The backpack Should not be more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags are not allowed on Chopta Chandrashila Trek.
To book a Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Booking & payment terms
Paying the Trek fee:
The Trek fee can be paid by online Transfer/check deposit/Demand draft. Guideline for installment will be sent alongside your affirmation email. At the point when your exchange is done, please email us an affirmation mail with your exchange subtle elements, so we can catch up your reservation productively.
When to book:
It is Recommended to make your bookings at least one month in advance.In case of cancelation of trek/Adventure activity service because of any avoidable/unavoidable reasons we should be told of the same in writing. Cancelation charges will be successful from the date we get exhortation in writing, and cancelation charges would be as per the following: –
Cancellations prior to 24 days from the start of the trek
Book any other trek till one year or get 95% refund
(Note: If the trek charges are more, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 24 days and 14 days to the start of the trek
Choose to go for the same trek, with any other batch, till year or get 70% refund
Cancellation between 14 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
Choose to go on the same trek, in the same season, with any other batch or get 50% refund.
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
Transfer your trek (same trek, same batch) to your friend. No cash refund.
Things to get
This is the required rundown of things you should bear on your trek.
• Backpack (40-60 liters): Backpack with durable lashes and supporting casing. Rain cover for rucksack is basic.
• Daypack (20 liters): It is required to convey a daypack on the off chance that you offload your rucksack. In the event that you choose to convey your rucksack, day pack isn’t required.
• Trekking shoes: No games shoes. The shoes need soles with great hold and better lower leg bolster. Try not to wear another shoe to a trek. It may cause rankles. Before conveying them to trek, wear it for seven days to make it milder. FORCLAZ 100, 500, and 600 are awesome shoes.
• Socks (3 sets): 2 cotton sets, 2 woolen sets (generally to be utilized on campgrounds and keeping in mind that resting. Keep them dry.)
Garments – REGULAR
• Trek pants (3 sets including the one you are wearing): We profoundly embrace manufactured brisk dry jeans as they are light. Furthermore, when it’s cool you can wear one over the other. While trekking a couple is the thing that you would convey separated from the ragged. You could keep the third match for your arrival travel. Elective : Cotton gasp with many pockets/Track pants are agreeable as well. Kindly don’t get Denim pants, shorts or 3 quarters to trek.
• Collared shirts (3 sets including the one you are wearing): Preferably light, full sleeve shirts. The neckline and the sleeves forestall sun consumes on the neck and arms. Keep away from uproarious hues that would occupy winged animals and creatures.
Garments/ACCESSORIES (climate particular)
• Full sleeve woolens (2 sets including the one you are wearing): We underwrite downy over fleece as it is light weight, conservative and warm.
• Thick coat: Carry 1 empty full sleeve windproof coat/down coat
• Thermal inners: 1 sets of lightweight, upper and lower (discretionary)
• Raincoat/poncho: A lightweight poncho is favored as it covers your rucksack too from top. Waterproof shell can likewise be utilized as wind verification when required.
• Balaclava: The top must cover your ears and neck. You may likewise utilize scarves.
• Synthetic handgloves: Ensure that the gloves are waterproof.
• Suncap: 1 sets of decent warm gloves required, downy or woolen. 1 sets of water evidence/safe, wind verification gloves. You get thin inward gloves these days. You may get one of those to utilize layering.
• Sunglasses: Curved ones will cover your eyes well. No blue hued sunglass — they don’t piece UV. Blacks, greens, tans are fine. Keep away from multi tone shades. Shades anticipate snow visual deficiency. Shades are compulsory for this trek. Individuals who wear exhibitions, pick one of these – contact focal points, photograph chromatic glasses, or if both of the above isn’t conceivable, wear your displays and convey a major sunglass that can be worn over your scenes.
• Toiletries (Sunscreen – SPF 40+, lotion, light towel, lipbalm/chap stick, little cleanser, bathroom tissue, wet tissue)
• Repair unit (needle and string)
• Headlamp/LED burn: Mandatory
• Camera: Carry all extras – save batteries, charger, and so forth.
• Cutlery: Carry a plate, spoon, espresso mug and a lunch box. We demand trekkers getting their own particular cutlery for cleanliness reasons. To spare weight, you may utilize your lunch box to have sustenance in it and furthermore convey it.
• Water bottles: 2 bottles, 1 Liter each. Bundled drinking water bottles like Aquafina, Bisleri and others are not permitted.
• Trekking pole: Trekking ploe is compulsory. Duralumin 4-step adaptive against stun trekking posts. Enquire us on the off chance that you cannot discover a place to purchase.
• Plastic covers: While pressing, utilize plastic sacks to compartmentalize things and convey couple of additional plastic packs for wet garments.
Below are the distances of chopta from major town and cities of north india.
- Ukhimath to Chopta – 29 km
- Delhi to Chopta – 451 km
- Meerut to Chopta – 368 km
- Rishikesh to Chopta – 209 km
- Haridwar to Chopta – 225 km
- Pauri to Chopta – 126 km
- Dehradun to Chopta – 246 km
- Mussoorie to Chopta – 212 km
- Devprayag to Chopta – 130 km
- Tehri Garhwal to Chopta – 151 km
- Kotdwar to Chopta – 229 km
- Joshimath to Chopta – 92 km
- Srinagar to Chopta – 96 km
- Kedarnath to Chopta – 64 km
- Rudraprayag to Chopta – 63 km
- Gopeshwar to Chopta – 41 km
- Badrinath to Chopta – 136 km
For bookings contact:
Phone: +91 97608 22352 (Ashish)
Email ID: email@example.com