Trek to Chopta tungnath chandrashilla uttrakhand
Trek to Chopta tungnath chandrashilla uttrakhand, is a beautiful trek and a delight for nature enthusiasts, with difficulty level rated as easy to moderate. The trek passes through thick forests and vast meadows, and offers excellent views of snow clad Himalayas.
We start from Ukhimath, and pass through Deoria tal, Chopta and Tungnath to reach the summit of Chandrashila for an amazing view of the Himalayas. Maximum altitude reached would be around 4000 mtrs at the summit of Chandrashila.
The region is a protected sanctuary for musk deer, and is rich in flora and fauna. Our first camp at Deoria tal is near a beautiful lake covered three sides with forest. The view of Chaukhamba peaks is one of the most prominent in the entire journey. We would be further camping near lakes, in forest clearings and in vast meadows. Each camp site would offer excellent views to the Himalayan peaks.
Tungnath is famous for the highest temple which is dedicated to Lord Shiva.
Trek to Chopta tungnath chandrashilla uttrakhand, Beyond Tungnath the trail continues to the summit called Chandrashila which is a very beautiful vantage point to experience Himalayas in a wide spectrum. One would see the entire range in almost a 270 degrees of visibility, with peaks like Chaukhamba, Kedarnath, Nanda devi and Trishul among the most prominent ones.
Trip Itinerary :
Day 01 : Dehradun – Sari ( Drive 200 km /5-6 h)
We start early and drive from Dehradoon to Sari village. Overnight in tents near the village.
Day 02 : Sari to Deoria Tal (2400m) – 3 km (2h)
Visit the acclaimed sanctuary at Ukhimath before setting out on the trail through the town, traveling east, up the slope to Deoria Tal. The beautiful stroll through rhodendrons, takes you to the edge over the town. Deoria Tal is a little lake with two cafés around it. The perspectives of the mountain ranges from here are impressive.
Day 03 : Deoriatal – Chopta (2600m, trek /5-6 h)
Today is a genuinely level stroll through some wonderful timberland and glades. On the off chance that you are trekking in the winter months, expect some snow in the shadow regions. There are two outdoors choices, either camp shy of Chopta almost a stream, or at the knolls underneath the shops at Chopta.
Day 04 : Chopta to Tungnath temple (3400 m) to Chandrashila (3925 m) and return to Chopta (2347 m) 15 km ( 8 h)
Frame the beautiful environs of Chopta; take the way through the curve paving the way to the sanctuary. Tungnath is a short 3 km trek from Chopta. The sanctuary is just unmistakable in the last couple of hundred meters. Head up past the sanctuary to the pinnacle. Appreciate the wonderful 360-degree sees, before heading down Chopta again lastly to Duggalbitta. In winters, when it snows, the residential community of Chopta is abandoned and even the coffee bars will be closed.
Day 05 : Chopta to Dehradun
After breakfast begin drive to Rishikesh and excursion end here.
“The above day-wise trek description is just one of ways of doing this wonderful trek. Depending on the number of available days the trek can be shortened and some places excluded or combined with another trek.
For bookings contact:
Phone: +91 97608 22352 (Ashish)
Email ID: email@example.com
- Accommodation as per itineray. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- All Meals during trek (Veg.+ Egg)
- Trekking equipment’s (Sleeping bag, mattress, Kitchen & dinning tent, utensils, tent)
- All necessary permits and entry fees.
- First aid.
- Mountaineering qualified & professional trek Team, guide and Support staff.
- Services from Dehradun to Dehradun.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Food during the transit.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head.
Note : Normally Incredible outdoors expect to carry your personal luggage on your own, if you wish to offload your backpack, you can give it to Mule.
Charges of offloading backpack:-
INR 1200/- incase of advance payment.
INR 1500/- on spot information.
The backpack Should not be more than 11 kgs. Backpack should have waterproof cover. Suitcases/strolleys/ bags are not allowed on kedarkantha trek.
To book a Trek/ adventure program please use our online booking form or, alternatively, you can call us on the given for confirmation of tour you have to wire a deposit and initial deposit.
Booking & payment terms
Paying the Trek fee:
The Trek fee can be paid by online Transfer/check deposit/Demand draft. Guideline for installment will be sent alongside your affirmation email. At the point when your exchange is done, please email us an affirmation mail with your exchange subtle elements, so we can catch up your reservation productively.
When to book:
It is Recommended to make your bookings at least one month in advance.In case of cancelation of trek/Adventure activity service because of any avoidable/unavoidable reasons we should be told of the same in writing. Cancelation charges will be successful from the date we get exhortation in writing, and cancelation charges would be as per the following: –
Cancellations prior to 24 days from the start of the trek
Book any other trek till one year or get 95% refund
(Note: If the trek charges are more, the balance needs to be paid by the trekker)
Cancellation between 24 days and 14 days to the start of the trek
Choose to go for the same trek, with any other batch, till year or get 70% refund
Cancellation between 14 days and 10 days to the start of the trek
Choose to go on the same trek, in the same season, with any other batch or get 50% refund.
Cancellation less than 10 days to the start of the trek
Transfer your trek (same trek, same batch) to your friend. No cash refund.
Things to get
This is the required rundown of things you should bear on your trek.
• Backpack (40-60 liters): Backpack with durable lashes and supporting casing. Rain cover for rucksack is basic.
• Daypack (20 liters): It is required to convey a daypack on the off chance that you offload your rucksack. In the event that you choose to convey your rucksack, day pack isn’t required.
• Trekking shoes: No games shoes. The shoes need soles with great hold and better lower leg bolster. Try not to wear another shoe to a trek. It may cause rankles. Before conveying them to trek, wear it for seven days to make it milder. FORCLAZ 100, 500, and 600 are awesome shoes.
• Socks (3 sets): 2 cotton sets, 2 woolen sets (generally to be utilized on campgrounds and keeping in mind that resting. Keep them dry.)
Garments – REGULAR
• Trek pants (3 sets including the one you are wearing): We profoundly embrace manufactured brisk dry jeans as they are light. Furthermore, when it’s cool you can wear one over the other. While trekking a couple is the thing that you would convey separated from the ragged. You could keep the third match for your arrival travel. Elective : Cotton gasp with many pockets/Track pants are agreeable as well. Kindly don’t get Denim pants, shorts or 3 quarters to trek.
• Collared shirts (3 sets including the one you are wearing): Preferably light, full sleeve shirts. The neckline and the sleeves forestall sun consumes on the neck and arms. Keep away from uproarious hues that would occupy winged animals and creatures.
Garments/ACCESSORIES (climate particular)
• Full sleeve woolens (2 sets including the one you are wearing): We underwrite downy over fleece as it is light weight, conservative and warm.
• Thick coat: Carry 1 empty full sleeve windproof coat/down coat
• Thermal inners: 1 sets of lightweight, upper and lower (discretionary)
• Raincoat/poncho: A lightweight poncho is favored as it covers your rucksack too from top. Waterproof shell can likewise be utilized as wind verification when required.
• Balaclava: The top must cover your ears and neck. You may likewise utilize scarves.
• Synthetic handgloves: Ensure that the gloves are waterproof.
• Suncap: 1 sets of decent warm gloves required, downy or woolen. 1 sets of water evidence/safe, wind verification gloves. You get thin inward gloves these days. You may get one of those to utilize layering.
• Sunglasses: Curved ones will cover your eyes well. No blue hued sunglass — they don’t piece UV. Blacks, greens, tans are fine. Keep away from multi tone shades. Shades anticipate snow visual deficiency. Shades are compulsory for this trek. Individuals who wear exhibitions, pick one of these – contact focal points, photograph chromatic glasses, or if both of the above isn’t conceivable, wear your displays and convey a major sunglass that can be worn over your scenes.
• Toiletries (Sunscreen – SPF 40+, lotion, light towel, lipbalm/chap stick, little cleanser, bathroom tissue, wet tissue)
• Repair unit (needle and string)
• Headlamp/LED burn: Mandatory
• Camera: Carry all extras – save batteries, charger, and so forth.
• Cutlery: Carry a plate, spoon, espresso mug and a lunch box. We demand trekkers getting their own particular cutlery for cleanliness reasons. To spare weight, you may utilize your lunch box to have sustenance in it and furthermore convey it.
• Water bottles: 2 bottles, 1 Liter each. Bundled drinking water bottles like Aquafina, Bisleri and others are not permitted.
• Trekking pole: Trekking ploe is compulsory. Duralumin 4-step adaptive against stun trekking posts. Enquire us on the off chance that you cannot discover a place to purchase.
• Plastic covers: While pressing, utilize plastic sacks to compartmentalize things and convey couple of additional plastic packs for wet garments.
Frequently Asked Questions
Q – When is the best time for chopta tungnath chandrashilla trek? uttrakhand?
A – This is a round the year treat for nature enthusiasts, except Monsoons ( July & August )
Q – What is the difficulty level of chopta tungnath chandrashilla trek?
A – Its a easy trek to do in summers, But the leavel in winter can vary from easy to moderate depending upon the snow level.
Q – What is the average trek distance each day?
A – Average trekking each day is 4 to 5 kms, and trekkers complete the same in 4- 5 hours with relaxed breaks for photography and vantage points.
Q – How cold can it be in the night?
A – First couple of days, temperature remains normal, But on the third day you can see snow mountains, though during the day time it is sunny and pleasent, but the nights can be 10 to -8 degrees, depending on the weather.
Q – Who will be our guide and how many support will be with us?
A – All Our treks are lead by certified mountaineers, along with one local guide, Cooking team and porters.
Q- What is your average trek Group size?
A – Usually we go with a group of 12 – 15 people in a batch, including both male and females, though we need minimum 6 people to run the trip, but if you plan and exclusive trip with us then group size does not matter.
Q – I am a solo Girl, is it safe for me to join?
A – Of course, safety of women is top importance for us, and all of our team is trained to provide a great environment in respect to the safety of women’s, though you you most likely meet few solo travelling girls in our batches.
Q – What are the things we need to carry with us for chopta tungnath chandrashilla trek?
A – You can check our “things to get” tab above for detailed list.
Q – In case i can not carry my bag can i get help?
A – Yes, please inform us 10 days in advance we can provide you mule or porter at an extra cost.
Q – What kind of shoes are recommended for chopta tungnath chandrashilla trek?
A – Great trekking shoes are the most important part of any trek, please choose your trekking shoes carefully.
Q – How many trekkers will share a tent?
A – we accommodate trekkers on double sharing basis.
Q – What kind of water will be provided during the trek?
A – Himalayan water is considered to be one of the purest form of water, we will use water direct from the streams coming from the lakes or glaciers nearby.
Q – What Kind of Transport do you use?
A – We use, Mahindra bolero or Max for Transport to Last road head and dropp off point.
Q – What kind of medical aid will be available during the trip?
A – The trek leaders are trained in first aid and rescue, and are proficient enough to take care of any minor health issues, though please you must inform us regarding your health issues in advance.
Q – Shall i bring medicines with me for the trek?
A – Yes it is always recommended to bring you personal medicines.
Q – How can i book chopta trek Uttrakhand with you?
A – You must first fill up the booking form, and shortly all details will be emailed to you for making it a smooth process for you to prepare for the trek.
Q – Can the itinerary be changed?
Every Trekker is briefed at the begining of the trek, That it is a adventure trip and sometimes we have to alter the plans depending upon the weather conditions or in case of accident with any trekker or staff, However on normal situation the itinerary remains unchanged, all field decisions are taken by the trek leader.
Trekking At Deoriataal – Chopta & chandrashilla summit uttrakhand
Chandrashila treks are a standout amongst the most famous treks among Indian trekking devotees. The trek to the pinnacle is 5 km. The trek course that begins from Chopta takes one to Tungnath (most astounding Shiva sanctuary in the World), from here it is a kilometer long, and a lofty trek. Despite the fact that shorter in separate, soak climbing makes this trek thorough.
This trek is attempted consistently in spite of the fact that amid winter season because of snowfall this trek turns out to be hard as street to Chopta gets shut. Trekkers utilize an alternate course amid this period (Deoria Tal – Duggalbitta – Tungnath – Chandrashila).
Chandrashilla peak ( Moon Rock)
Chandrashila is summit of the Tungnath . It actually signifies “Moon Rock”. It is situated at a tallness of around 4,000 meters (13,000 ft) above ocean level. This pinnacle gives a terrific perspective of Himalayas,especially Nandadevi, Trisul, Kedar Peak, Bandarpunch and Chaukhamba tops. There are different legends related with this place. As per one of the mainstream legend, this is where Lord Rama contemplated subsequent to overcoming the evil presence ruler Ravana. Another legend says that moon-god Chandra invested energy here in penance.The Beauty of Chandrashila is Incredible.It is a great vantage point that offers 360 degrees all encompassing perspectives of the relentless Himalayas.This is a lovely trek, with trouble level evaluated as simple to direct.
Chandrashilla weather –
Chandrashilla peak, at an elevation of 4000 (12,5500 fts) meters, Usually remains very cold through out the year, it is only advisable to visit chndrashilla peak in summers (March – June), beacuase there no snow at that time, and the slopes are much easy to climb to reach chandrashilla peak.
During winters, it can be very dangerous to attempt the climb to chandrashilla peak, cz snow on the slope of the trail makes it very difficult to climb and if you slip and loose control there are deep gorges all around the trail.
Deoriataal trek –
The chopta tungnath trek starts from sari village, which is the starting point of the chopta tungnath trek, the trek is 2 kms uphill from the last roadhead, and takes about 2 hours to reach the lake, Deoria tal, Uttrakhand.
Below are the distances of chopta from major town and cities of north india.
- Ukhimath to Chopta – 29 km
- Delhi to Chopta – 451 km
- Meerut to Chopta – 368 km
- Rishikesh to Chopta – 209 km
- Haridwar to Chopta – 225 km
- Pauri to Chopta – 126 km
- Dehradun to Chopta – 246 km
- Mussoorie to Chopta – 212 km
- Devprayag to Chopta – 130 km
- Tehri Garhwal to Chopta – 151 km
- Kotdwar to Chopta – 229 km
- Joshimath to Chopta – 92 km
- Srinagar to Chopta – 96 km
- Kedarnath to Chopta – 64 km
- Rudraprayag to Chopta – 63 km
- Gopeshwar to Chopta – 41 km
- Badrinath to Chopta – 136 km