Trek to Dayara Bugyal
Dayara Bugyal is often placed at the top position only to be hotly contested and pushed to the next best. But there is no debate amongst trekkers that Dayara Bugyal would fall within the two most beautiful high altitude meadows in India. It is not difficult to see why. For hundred of years shepherds from far have been taking their flock to graze at Dayara. They have come back with stories of the abundance of grass and splendor of the mighty Himalayan mountain peaks cradling the meadows.
They described the place with such intensity that soon word about Dayara Bugyal reached explorers. When the explorers got back from their treks to Dayara Bugyal, they came back profoundly affected. The meadows were exactly as the shepherds had described them – but only more beautiful. The mountains they talked about were the Bhagirathi peaks, Bandarpoonch, Black peak and scores of other peaks they could not name. They discovered clear water bodies strewn across the green meadows – in whose reflection the peaks looked even more beautiful. Flowers sprung up around streams and brooks that ran across the meadows.
Dayara Bugyal along with its twin Gidara Bugyal is perhaps one of the most beautiful alpine meadows in India. The meadows stretch out far and wide and all around the meadows are the many towering snow peaks. The trek showcases some of the best scenery the Himalayas have to offer. The Bugyals and the sky around with their every changing hue can show you new scenery at every season of the year. The trek starts from the tiny village of Barsu tucked away on the Haridwar – Gangothri road 32 kms away the town of UttarKashi. Barsu houses about 90 homes and has a GMVN overlooking the village on one side and the mountains on the other. The GMVN serves as a good base camp for the trek. The rooms are neat and spacious and the view in front is lovely.
Brief itinerary :
Day 1 :- Haridwar to Barsu / Raithal (7545 ft) 200km.
Night stay in guesthouse.
Day 2 :- Barsu / Raithal to Dayara Bugyal (8530 ft) 9km.
Night stay in guesthouse / tents.
Day 3 :- Dayara Bugyal (9980) 5km.
Full day explore Dayara Bugyal, games and activity, Night stay in tents.
Day 4 :- Dayara Bugyal to Raithal – visit Gangnani, back to Haridwar
Trek back to raithal, hop into bus & drive to Gangnani for a hot water spring bath, later drive to Haridwar for onward destination.
- Accommodation. (Guest house, Home stay, Camping)
- All Meals while on trek & transits (Veg.) (Egg)
- Trek equipments.
- First aid medical kit.
- Qualified & experienced trek Leader, Guide and Support staff
- All transportation during the trek program.
- Any kind of personal expenses.
- Mules or porter to carry personal luggage.
- Anything not specifically mentioned under the head “Inclusions”.
BOOKINGS, CANCELLATIONS & REFUNDS:
– Tour needs to be booked at least 30 days in advance. Full payment is required to confirm a booking.
– 75 % refund if cancellation happens 20 days prior to departure
– 50 % refund if cancellation happens 10 days prior to departure
– No refund for any cancellation/no show in the last 10 days prior to departure
For bookings contact –
Phone: +91 97608 22352 (Ashish)
Email ID: email@example.com